On Sunday morning I spent a long time visiting blogs from friends or found while surfing the Internet. Fascinated by my reading I did not notice how long I have spent browsing the Web. Time flew by so fast. It was already half past twelve. My husband and daughter were starving. Oops, nothing was ready! I had to hurry up and cook something quickly and from scratch. We were on Sunday after all! Why not have French beans for lunch? A jar of them would be tasty. I regret I had no fresh ones. I thought about a quick to prepare recipe and a few seconds later I came up with following easy one. Both my husband and daughter liked it. I hope you will enjoy it too!
French beans with doenjang
- 1 jar of French beans
- 1 tbps beaten fromage blanc
- 1 tsp Doenjang (Corean soybean paste)
- 2 tbsp tender sultanas
- 2 tbsp roasted salted Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Wash and strain the French beans. Set aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. Add the cashew nuts and let them turn slightly brown. Add the sultanas and stir for a few seconds to fry them gently. Set aside.
Mix fromage blanc and doenjang and pour the mixture onto the cashew nuts and sultanas. Let the ingredients cook at medium heat, then add the beans and stir until warm.
Serve with turmeric-flavoured basmati rice and vegetable samosas or a piece of nature/smoked firm tofu.
- This recipe would taste better with fresh French beans!
- I have not put extra salt into the dish, as I used salty cashew nuts. Doenjang also contains salt enough.
- Be careful: Doenjang may not always be convenient to Vegetarians or Vegans, as some recipes contain anchovy paste!